Table of Contents
Want the Best GPS Collar for your furry friend? Check out our guide so you can keep track of him 27/4
It’s safe to say that you’ve probably run into the issue of your dog escaping the amazing fort you’ve built to keep him/her in. We’ve all faced this problem. You end up jumping in your car, driving around the neighborhood like a crazy person yelling your dog’s name at the top of your lungs. Sure enough, you find him and he’s safe and sound, but what if there was a device which could track their every move and give you an indication of where they are.
The element of owning a dog has now got a little more “Techie” as we introduce a new device to track your dog using a GPS Collar.
Let’s jump right in and take a look at what they are and some of the Best GPS dog Collars on the market
A short overview of a GPS Dog Collar
A GPS Dog Collar is just like any other collar, only it has a little plastic piece attached which contains the GPS equipment. The plastic piece is heavy-duty and waterproof and your dog will probably not even know it is on.
Some features of specific GPS Dog Collars let you can pick locations via satellite where you want your dog to stay or you really do not want them to go. If there is movement into or out of any of these zones, you will be alerted immediately. Some can be accessed online via a map program.
Not all GPS dog collars are the same, and not all of them work the same. Some of them work both inside and outside the house whereas others only work inside (we are hoping you will be able to find your dog inside the house anyway). Some can track your pet within 1mile whereas some can do it up to a range of 10 miles in every direction, so bear that in mind when choosing the Best GPS Collar.
There are so many dogs lost in the USA today
It is estimated that there are 80 million dogs in the US and 4 million are lost every year. More than eight million animals land in shelters throughout U.S, according to official statistics. Tragically, the true amount of lost pets is even greater. The statistics are alarming and depressing. Let’s use the statistics of lost dogs we know to explain the entire ecosystem of lost pets. One in three dog owners says that they have unfortunately lost their dog at some stage. That’s around 4 million dogs a year.
So how much will a GPS Dog Collar set me back?
The price range of Gps Dog Collar ranges from $100 to $500.Most of the GPS dog collars can be Purchased for around the $200 mark which is a small price to pay for such an item.
167,491 reasons why you should buy a dog collar
Well not that many but from the standpoint of how much of a pain it is trying to find your escaped dog, the numbers do add up in the GPS Dog Collars favor.
Dogs are known to run away, especially if you are moving to a new place or the dog is new to your family. Sometimes dogs are just curious and enjoy running away to explore their surroundings. Another factor is the speed of which a dog can travel if it happens to run away from your property. This is why a dog GPS system can be essential and save you a lot of trouble calling the pound, driving around the neighborhood like a mad person.
The GPS collar is a great way to start things out.Especially if you have just introduced a puppy into your household. Puppies are more adventurous and will be more likely to play escape artist and not know when or how to return to your house.GPS Dog Collars are relatively inexpensive and there are many options to suit your budget and also type of GPS collar needed for the type of dog and recreation purposes
No more ‘missing dog posters’
You will no longer need to sticky tape ‘missing dog posters’ to telegraph poles. I know it’s not 1999, but for the effort of having the Best GPS Dog Collar, this may be a thing of the past.
Works in Rural and Urban settings and possibly also on the moon
This device works best in both rural and urban settings and without the need to worry about the signal. You can also log in through a web portal or app to actually track your dog in real time.
To Help you find the Best GPS Dog Collar, We’ve compiled a list of our “Top 5 Best Dog Collar” to make things a little easier.
Check out our top 5 Best Dog Collar section below.
Link AKC is one of the more elegant looking dog collars with a built-in GPS. It’s made of leather so it’s quite durable and is an all in one product, unlike some of the other product which is a standalone product which attaches to your dog’s existing collar or collar tag
Some notable features
- Works with iOS and Android.
- Be alerted if your dog leaves designated safe zones
- Social memory – Record, remember and share special walks, hikes, and other adventures with your dog
- Extra Features – Temperature if your dog’s environment is too hot or cold.
- Vet Records can be stored in app to make dog ownership easier with a place to store important records
- 3-day battery life
Price : $99
Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
The Whistle 3 makes it into our top Best dog collars because of a few reasons. It’s a lightweight usable GPS dog tracking device which has all the bells and whistles at a smaller price than some of the other competitors. Although it’s not as pretty as some of the other devices, it’s features are still packing a punch.
- GPS and cellular technology to pinpoint your pet’s location anywhere in the U.S. on AT&T, America’s largest network.
- text, app or email notifications when your pet leaves their safe place before they get too far away.
- Dog history – Follow your pet’s location over the last 24 hours to see where they went and when.
- Track your dog’s daily activity and rest to keep your companion in great shape for their age, weight and breed.
- Battery life is in the higher lasting bracket at around 7 days depending on usage
Tractive GPS 3G Pet Tracker
Similar features to the Whistle the Tractive is another good buy amongst the Dog lovers community. At around $64, it’s still quite an affordable product for most owners and still comes with most of the features as the more expensive products. to be the best GPS Dog Collar, normally you’d expect to pay upwards of $100, although the tractive doesn’t disappoint – coming in at the $64 mark it’s quite a bang for your buck.
- Lightweight & waterproof GPS tracking device.
- Pinpoint and real-time location tracking. You can even share the position with your family and friends
- Instant notification when your pet leaves a defined safe area
- Can show where your dog has been with history feature.
- 2-5 day battery life
- Works in 150 countries
BLACK+DECKER Smart Dog Collar
On the higher end of the market comes the Black & Decker Smart Collar. Known mostly for their home appliances, Black & Decker have ventured into the Smart Collar market and have created a beautiful addition to their product line. Coming in at around $160 it is quite a bit more expensive than it’s competitors but does have some high tech features, which sets it above some of the inferior brands.
- GPS & Activity Tracking – tracks how far they roam, how much they play, and what routes are their favorites
- Customizable Geofence Zones – Use the app to trace safety zones around your yard or favorite park, and get instant alerts when your dog has gone outside those limits.
- 2-Way Audio – Stay connected with your dog from anywhere! With 2-way audio, you can call them home, reassure them when you are away, and hear them respond
- Water Resistant & One Size – water resistant up to 3 feet
- Virtual Dog Tag – OLED display keeps your dog’s name and your contact information visible
Price : $160
Gibi 2nd Gen Pet GPS Tracker
Last on our list is the GIBI Pet Tracker. Same features as most of the other versions with the addition of live tracking within google maps. The GIBI comes with low battery alert which is handy to give you enough time to charge it before returning to the dog. Coming in at around $100, it’s another great example of one of the best GPS dog collars available.
- Get in/out of safe zone alerts. Create multiple safe zones in any polygon, small or large. Monitor the safe zones and alert you via text/email when your pet is no longer in his safe zone. See where he is on google maps
- Long battery life and get low battery alerts in plenty of time to recharge your pet’s Gibi.
- Gibi app accessible using mobile (iOS and Android) and web formats. Compatible with all smartphones.
Thanks for reading my selection of the Bet GPS Collar list and hope you found this useful. Please leave a comment below if you are requesting any more information.